The Royal Commission Medical Center staff will ensure that the following patients’ rights are respected and provided to all patients at all times. Patients are honored guests of the RCMC and deserve the full support of all members of RCMC staff to meet their health care needs.
IT IS YOUR RIGHTS TO:
- Be treated and your family with respect and dignity.
- Have considerate and respectful care.
- Participate in the development and implementation of your plan of care.
- Information about your diagnosis, condition, and treatment in terms that you can understand.
- Refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law and to be informed of the possible consequences of the refusal.
- Make or have a representative of your choice make informed decisions about your care.
- Have your family or representative of your choice and your own physician notified of your admission to the hospital.
- Have appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- Know the names and professional titles of your physicians and caregivers.
- Personal privacy and to receive care in a safe environment.
- A prompt and reasonable response to any request of services within the capacity of the heath care facility.
- Express your concerns or grievances regarding your care to the hospital staff as fast and objective.
- See your medical record within the limits of the law.Receive an explanation of all items on your bill.
- Be provided with information about your continuing health care needs and planning for care after you leave the hospital.
- Confidentiality of your clinical or personal records will be maintained.
- Be free from all forms of abuse or harassment.Be informed about rules and regulations affecting your care or conduct.