Healthy Diet for Acid FlashBack
Acid reflux occurs when the valve does not close, located between the esophagus and the stomach enough allowing stomach acids back into the esophagus again, and then the patient may feel a burning sensation in the heart region.
- Avoid eating heavy meals, eat three meals with some snacks in the afternoon.
- Drink liquids between meals instead of drinking it while eating.
- prefers to sit in the moderate mode or with raising the head of the bed for an hour and a half to two hours after eating, and try to avoid snacks before sleeping.
- Avoid foods that would increase the gastrointestinal such as oranges and orange juice acid, lemon, grapefruit juice and sauce, tomato juice, coffee, tea, And chocolate.
- Stay away from smoking because it also increases the acidic stomach secretions, if you are able to do so, at least, avoid smoking before and after meals.
- Try to reach the ideal weight, weight loss would relieve the symptoms of reflux.